The Niners have had major injury issues all season at the quarterback spot, and now the team is looking to turn it appears to former first-round pick Josh Rosen.
ESPN reports that the 49ers are signing Josh Rosen off the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ practice squad, and will have to get him ready to possibly be the backup this week when the Niners play Rosen’s old team, the Arizona Cardinals.
49ers coach Kyle Shanahan it appears will have to start third-stringer C.J. Beathard for Saturday’s game, hoping he can stay healthy so the team won’t have to put Rosen in a bad situation.
The Niners third-string QB comes in after a family tragedy, as Beathard’s return to the starting lineup comes almost a year to the day after his brother Clayton was stabbed to death outside a bar in Nashville, Tennessee.
“And I’m excited he’s going to get an opportunity this week. I have got as much respect for C.J. as anyone I’ve ever been with as a person and as a player, and it’s going to be fun working with him this week,” Shanahan said.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on