It’s sounding more and more like The 49ers and George Kittle are getting closer to getting a deal done to make him a very rich player.
NFL Network’s Michael Silver reported the two sides are “making progress” on a long-term deal.
The deal could wind up making Kittle the highest-paid tight end in league history.
Niners general manager John Lynch said on July 29 it was about “finding the right number” with Kittle’s position and his contributions making that task “tricky.”
Kittle as of today is set to make his $2.133 million base salary in 2020, but you can bet the new deal will blow that number out of the water.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on