There’s been speculation about what 49’ers pass rusher Dee Ford will be able to bring to the table in terms of knowing the Chiefs and their game plan when the two teams go at it in Super Bowl 54 Sunday.
Chiefs coach Andy Reid doesn’t seem to think that it’s going to matter much, and what Ford knows won’t translate into hurting Kansas City on game day.
“I don’t think it matters that he knows our offense,” Reid said. “I’m sure he’s studying hard to get back in the swing of it.”
Reid spoke as well about the reported “Ill will” for the Chiefs against Ford, to which the Chiefs coach says there is none.
“Dee’s a good football player,” Reid said. “We drafted him in the first round out of Auburn and he was very productive for us, and he’s done a nice job for them — not that they needed a lot of help on their defensive line, but he’s been a nice addition for them. There are not a lot of pass rushers better than Dee in the National Football League.”
Ford put up 6.5 sacks for the 49ers in 2019.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on