Saturday the 49ers waived quarterback Tom Savage, this just four days after signing him according to the team’s official website.
We doubt if that is an NFL record for shortest roster stay for a quarterback but it should be. It is possible the 49ers could re-sign him after Week 7 but right now they need the roster spot with defensive back Jimmie Ward doubtful due to a hamstring issue.
It’s not like other teams are going to be lining up to snag Savage, who is the slowest QB in the NFL, off the waiver wire. The 49ers had wanted to add a third quarterback to the roster with Jimmy Garappolo lost for the season but Savage was not exactly an impressive choice.
The 49ers signed defensive back Tyvis Powell to the active roster in a corresponding move.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on