Seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs told Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com he has a Monday visit scheduled with the San Francisco 49ers.
Briggs just completed his 12th and final season with the Chicago Bears. The Elk Grove, California, native grew up 1 ½ hours from Candlestick Park and was a 49ers fan.
The 49ers are in desperate need of help at linebacker following the retirements of Patrick Willis and Chris Borland. The team only has three experienced inside linebackers on the roster.
Briggs, who turns 35 in November, said he strongly believes he can “still perform at an elite level” as he looks to continue his career. He played in just eight games last season before being placed on injured reserve with a groin injury.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on