Kicker David Akers has been named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week, the league announced on Wednesday.
Akers converted two of his three field goal attempts and was 4-for-4 on extra points attempts, including one after completing a 14-yard touchdown pass to Michael Crabtree on a fake field goal.
On the season, his first with the 49ers, Akers has set an NFL record with 44 field goals (on 52 attempts) and has more than doubled his previous career-high with 47 touchbacks to earn a third straight trip to the Pro Bowl.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on