Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports that 49ers Pro Bowl linebacker Patrick Willis will probably miss Sunday’s game against the Arizona Cardinals.
Willis, a five-year veteran out of Mississippi, missed the first game of his career in the 2010 season finale with a broken hand.
Willis’ replacement: Larry Grant filled in admirably for Willis last Sunday, generating six tackles (five solo, one for loss), and a sack against St. Louis.
More on Grant: The six-foot-one, 251-pound Ohio State product is in his fourth year. He is a hometown kid, who attended City College of San Francisco, and was named JUCO National Player of the Year in 2005.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on