49ers running back Frank Gore entered Sunday’s game against the New York Giants dealing with an ankle injury that limited all week in practice. Although Gore did play on Sunday, he was fairly limited (six carries) and left for extended stretches of the second half.
At one point, NFL on FOX reporter Pam Oliver said Gore was questionable to return with ankle and knee issues, but Gore did return for small segments of the second half.
Following the game, 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh declared that Frank Gore would be able to play next week against the Arizona Cardinals.
Frank Gore indicated in a post-game interview that his position coach Tom Rathman had been holding him back to avoid further aggravation.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on