49ers tight end Vernon Davis admitted to being taken aback by his team’s conservative offensive philosophy and by being thrown into pass protection against Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware according to Kevin Lynch and Gwen Knapp of the San Francisco Chronicle.
“I didn’t think I would be up against Ware like that,” Davis said. The problem was it didn’t help. Ware recorded two sacks. Meanwhile Davis was thrown the ball twice; he caught both passes for 18 yards total.
“I didn’t think that was going to happen because their secondary was banged up,” Davis said of his limited opportunities.
“I’ve been in this position before,” Davis said. “In order for us to win we have to get everyone involved.”
With both Edwards and Crabtree fighting injuries, it’s clear the Niners need to involve Davis more often in the passing game.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on