The San Francisco 49ers have signed the lifetime Philadelphia Eagle to a one year contract worth, $1.25 million guaranteed; Westbrook can double that money through incentive clauses.
The 30 year old pro bowler was being courted by several teams, most notably the St. Louis Rams, Denver Broncos, and Washington Redskins.
In 2007, he led the league with 2,104 yards from scrimmage.
Before his bouts with injury and the unavoidable tag of inevitably losing a step past the age of 30, Westbrook was considered one of the best all around backs in the league.
Behind one of the leagues best backs in Frank Gore, Westbrook will give the Niners a nice change of pace at the position with very savvy hands to aid them in the passing game.
Westbrook has 426 career receptions for 3,790 yards and 29 TD’s.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on