In a results-driven league such as the National Football League, you’re only as good as your last performance, regardless of the position you have, whether as a player or coach. Apparently, the San Francisco 49ers feel the same way as the league as on Monday, team head coach Mike Singletary on Monday announced Alex Smith as the team’s starting quarterback.
Actually, I am not in the least bit surprised as if you watched the game Sunday between the 49ers and Houston Texans, then you probably saw QB Shaun Hill struggle mightily. You also probably saw when he was replaced by Smith in the second half and nearly led his team to the win.
More importantly, according to Singletary, this is not a “flavor of the month” situation; assume that message as one which means that Hill will be sitting for awhile until circumstances dictate otherwise.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on