From: SF Chronicle
Now that the offseason has begun, the 49ers have a dozen players whose contracts expired after Sunday’s finale against the Washington Redskins. The most prominent among them are linebacker Takeo Spikes, wide receiver Bryant Johnson, backup running back DeShaun Foster, return specialist Allen Rossum and nickel cornerback Donald Strickland. Former starting quarterback J.T. O’Sullivan’s contract is also up. … With a $2 million salary-cap figure for this season, the 49ers might not want Johnson back at that figure, especially with young receivers Josh Morgan and Jason Hill figuring to be more prominent in 2009. Johnson finished second on the team in receptions with 45 for 546 yards and three touchdowns.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on