Earlier on Tuesday, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported that the 49ers had dumped offensive coordinator Mike Martz.
Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat reports Martz has not been fired. Yet.
That said, Maiocco reports that Martz “seemed to concede that he will probably get fired by the end of the day.”
“I don’t know why this is happening,” Martz said in reference to the latest development and last week’s report that Martz would be fired. ”But I’ll move on. There is a way to do that stuff. When the season is over, you go do what needs to be done. But don’t drag me through the thorn bush.”
Martz also said that co-owner Jed York told Martz when he was hired that York didn’t want to hire him. Martz also said that he never had a conversation with G.M. Scot McCloughan that lasted more than two minutes.
McCloughan might say in response that every conversation he ever had with Martz was two minutes too long.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on