With the first day of training camp practices beginning today, the 49ers will have their top draft pick in uniform– defensive lineman Kentwan Balmer. The “San Francisco Chronicle” reports both sides were able to reach an agreement on a contract late Wednesday night and Balmer flew from Los Angeles to the Bay Area in time for the opening of camp yesterday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The 6-foot-5, 315-pounder University of North Carolina product was the last of the team’s six draft picks to sign a contract. He was taken 29th overall in the first round. “I’m glad it’s over and I can just get to work playing football,” Balmer said on the team’s web-site. Balmer is expected to be used as a defensive end in the team’s “3-4” alignment while also spending time at the tackle position.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on