The Niners went defense in round one of the NFL Draft on Thursday, as the team took South Carolina DT Javon Kinlaw with their first pick in the draft.
Nick Wagoner of ESPN talked about the move to get Kinlaw:
The 49ers traded DeForest Buckner to the Colts for the 13th pick and, after a small move down, used that pick to land his replacement. Niners coach Kyle Shanahan and general manager John Lynch have not been shy about putting resources into building a dominant defensive line. Lynch has talked often about “strengthening a strength,” and their strength is the defensive line. Kinlaw will be asked to replace Buckner at the 3-technique spot as he joins a loaded defensive line. As a bonus, San Francisco will have Kinlaw under team control at a fraction of the cost of Buckner
CBS Sports gives the Niners a B- for the pick:
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on