49ers Tight End Garrett Celek took to social media (Instagram) on Monday and announced that he was retiring from the NFL at the age of 31.
The younger brother of Eagles Brent Celek. The announcement came on the same day that Brent announced that he was taking a job as a personnel consultant with Philadelphia.
Celek due to a back injury was only able to play in five games this season, and he was placed on injured reserve.
For his career, Celek posted 82 receptions for 1,104 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on