The 49ers have named Nick Mullens as their backup quarterback ahead of C.J. Beathard according to Nick Wagoner of ESPN.
#49ers QB Nick Mullens has been informed that he’s the team’s No. 2 quarterback. C.J. Beathard is No. 3.
— Nick Wagoner (@nwagoner) September 2, 2019
The 49ers are undoubtedly hoping that neither Mullens nor Beathard will see the field in 2019 and instead Jimmy Garappolo will stay fully healthy and in full command of the team’s offense.
Mullens showed himself capable of taking the reins last season, however, as he seemingly came out of nowhere as an undrafted free agent out of Southern Mississippi to average a robust 8.3 yards per attempt with a 64.2 completion percentage in eight games in 2018.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on