The news for top 49ers pick in this year’s draft defensive end Nick Bosa is not good, as it looks like he’s going to miss a decent amount of time with the tema.
Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reports Bosa has been diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain and will not play at all during the preseason, and his recovery could reach into the regular season for the club.
“We won’t see in the preseason and we’ll go from there. . . . We’ll get him right and he’ll be a great player for a long time in this league,” 49ers GM John Lynch told Maiocco.
The No.2-overall pick in this year’s draft missed most of his final college season at Ohio State with a core muscle injury and missed most of the 49ers’ offseason program with a hamstring injury.
The 49ers will likely be cautious about getting him back into action this fall.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on