Tevin Coleman is the running back likely to receive the most touches in the 49ers offense in 2019 according to Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area.
Coleman is getting a head start in the 49ers backfield with Jerick McKinnon, Matt Breida, and Raheem Mostert all sitting out OTAs.
Most likely Coleman is the back to get short-yardage and goal-line carries, although he was never really used that way during his four seasons with the Atlanta Falcons despite his 6’1″, 210-lb. frame.
Coleman showed he is best used in a committee after flopping as the Falcons’ lead back in 2018 in the wake of Devonta Freeman’s injury. He nevertheless topped 1,000 total yards and scored nine touchdowns.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on