49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan says he is “very confident” that quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo will be ready to play by Week 1 of the regular season according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.
This matches up with earlier reports that Garoppolo is ahead of schedule in recovering from the torn ACL he suffered in Week 3 of the 2018 season.
“He’s right where they say he should be, and I look out my window, and it looks like he can play,” said the third-year head coach.
The 27-year-old completed 59.6 percent of his passes for 718 yards and five touchdowns before his injury last year.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on