The 49ers announced on Monday that they have signed first-round draft pick Mike McGlinchey to a four-year deal.
The 49ers drafted McGlinchey, the consensus top tackle available in the draft, with the ninth overall pick in April.
The 6-foot-8, 315-pound McGlinchey played both tackle positions at Notre Dame before settling in at left tackle as a junior. He was projected to be one of the top left tackles in 2017 but he returned to Notre Dame and improved his stock.
He will most likely play on the right side in the NFL since San Francisco already has six-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Staley, who is the longest-tenured player on the 49ers.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on