The Niners landed Notre Dame tackle Mike McGlinchey Thursday night in the 2018 NFL Draft, continuing the foundation of an offensive line they hope will only get better in 2018 and beyond.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 27, 2018
With the ninth-overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers selected Notre Dame tackle Mike McGlinchey.
McGlinchey’s stock has risen over the last 48 hours as he emerged as the consensus top tackle in this year’s class. With the pick, San Francisco has now acquired the heir apparent to Joe Staley.
“He is a pile driver in the run game,” Mike Mayock said on the NFL Network’s broadcast. “He’ll set the tone in the offensive line room and the culture in the locker room. He has some nasty to him.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on