The 49ers added what they hope will be another piece towards a playoff team on Saturday, inking former Seahawks defensive leader Richard Sherman to a three-year deal.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 11, 2018
Sherman was released by the Seahawks on Friday. He comes to the Niners with a new hashtag hoping to catch on with a new hashtag – #ShermInTheBay.
“I’m thankful to John [Lynch, 49ers GM] and Kyle [Shanahan, 49ers coach] for believing in me,” Sherman told Anderson. “Some smaller details still getting ironed out, but #ShermInTheBay.”
The 49ers had met with Sherman earlier Saturday and wanted to make sure he is healing well from a torn Achilles in one leg and a bone spur in the other. On Friday, Sherman told Anderson that he will be back running on the treadmill next week.
Sherman and the 49ers both expect that he will be ready for training camp, sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter, who first reported the agreement between the sides.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on