49’ers first-round pick linebacker Reuben Foster was arrested on Friday, charged with marijuana possession. AL.com reports on the incident which took place in Tuscaloosa.
A former Alabama star linebacker was arrested in Tuscaloosa on Friday.
Reuben Foster, who just finished his rookie season with the San Francisco 49ers, was arrested and charged with second-degree possession of marijuana, according to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office arrest database.
Bond was set at $2,500 for Foster, who was a first-team All-American for the Crimson Tide in 2016 and also won the Butkus Award.
“The San Francisco 49ers organization is aware of the matter involving Reuben Foster,” the 49ers said in a statement, “and we are currently gathering all relevant facts.”
A first round pick in last year’s NFL draft, Foster is now widely viewed as one of the NFL’s most promising young defensive players.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on