In a game they could have had if they would have played some defense, the 49’ers dropped to 0-3 on Thursday night, as they fell to the Los Angeles Rams 41-39 in San Francisco.
Los Angeles was led by Todd Gurley, who ran for 113 yards and three touchdowns in the win. Quarterback Jared Goff threw for 292 yards and three scores in the win.
The Rams led the game all night, as they built leads of 27-13 and 41-26, but the 49’ers would simply not go away, closing it to 41-39 and then recovering an onside kick.
From there the Rams held 49’ers QB Brian Hoyer in check, as they were able to stop him and any more Niners points to seal the huge win.
Hoyer threw for 332 yards with a touchdown and pick for the Niners, who also got 84 yards and two scores from Carlos Hyde.
While the Niners were able to put up 421 yards, they also allowed 418, which is a sign that the defense clearly three weeks in is still a work in progress.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on