Reuben Foster has been cleared to go for the San Francisco 49ers after missing the offseason program rehabilitating his injured right shoulder.
The status of San Francisco’s other first-round pick remains in doubt on the eve of the first training camp practice, the Associated Press reports.
No. 3 overall pick Solomon Thomas remained unsigned Thursday as his teammates reported for training camp. Thomas did not take part in the conditioning test and is running out of time to report before the first practice on Friday morning.
“I’m concerned right now,” general manager John Lynch said. “I wish this were done. It should be done. I’m disappointed with myself certainly that it’s not. I’m also learning that this is part of the business. I’m encouraged and hopeful we can get it done and we’ll see.”
Thomas plays the same position, was picked in the same spot in the draft and is represented by the same agency, CAA, as Joey Bosa was last year. Bosa didn’t sign his contract until Aug. 29, hampering the start of his rookie season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on