Tom Gamble, the 49ers assistant general manager last year under Trent Baalke, is, like Baalke, out of a job, Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle reports.
Gamble’s tenure with the 49ers’ reshaped front office was brief. The team announced he was leaving the organization today, just over three weeks after John Lynch replaced Baalke. Gamble’s exit wasn’t a surprise after Lynch hired Broncos director of college scouting Adam Peters as vice president of player personnel and former Lions general manager Martin Mayhew as a senior personnel executive.
“(Gamble) is a class act who has helped a great deal in this transition, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know him,” Lynch said. “After working together over the last month, Tom and I agreed that it would be in both of our best interests for him to pursue other opportunities.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on