49ers coach Chip Kelly said Monday that the coaching staff will meet on Monday to discuss whether Blaine Gabbert or Colin Kaepernick will start at quarterback Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, ESPN reports.
Asked if it was fair to say he’s leaving the door open for a quarterback change, he said: “It’s fair to say we’re looking at every option we have to being a good football team. I don’t think it’s different from any other position. Obviously that position gets the most notoriety but we have to look at everything right now.”
He said that as part of putting together the game plan he will talk to the training staff to see who is available.
He also said he has never been told by the front office not to play Kaepernick and noted that Kaepernick received snaps in Week 1 against the Rams, proving that isn’t the case.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on