Donald Trump, asked about San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s refusal on Saturday to stand during a performance of the national anthem, says maybe Kaepernick “should find a country that works better for him,” Nathan McDermott of Buzzfeed.com reports.
“I have followed it and I think it’s personally not a good thing. I think it’s a terrible thing, and you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him, let him try, it’s not gonna happen,” Trump told theThe Dori Monson Show on Monday.
Kaepernick stoked controversy after he refused to stand for the national anthem at a football game on Saturday. In an interview the next day, he said that he refused to support a country that he believes oppresses minorities.
“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick said.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on