49ers backup quarterback Thad Lewis suffered a torn ACL in Sunday night’s preseason loss to the Texans, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports via Marc Sessleer of NFL.com.
Lewis was hurt during the third quarter after completing 12 of 21 passes for 97 yards. The 28-year-old signal-caller followed coach Chip Kelly west from Philadelphia, but it’s fair to wonder how many more stops Lewis will make during his journeyman career.
The injury leaves San Francisco scrambling for another camp body. With Colin Kaepernick nursing a sore shoulder and rookie Jeff Driskel looking especially green throwing the ball against Houston, the Niners could use another arm.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on