49ers head coach Chip Kelly offered termed quarterback Blaine Gabbert’s performance “up and down,” Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reports.
“It was up and down, both Blaine and our first-team offense,” Kelly said. “I think that first drive, a couple balls he probably wants back, trying to get us on track. But I think once they settled down, got into a rhythm, I thought they did a really nice job of executing.”
When asked if Gabbert has a leg up in the quarterback competition with Colin Kaepernick, Kelly said, “I don’t look at it as a leg up. We’re just going to judge them on the opportunities to get in there and go.”
“So if Colin gets in there and does a great job when he’s in, I’m not going to say, ‘Well, he didn’t get as many snaps as Blaine.’
“They’re going to be judged on who moves our offensive football team the best, who protects the football the best, gives us an opportunity to win games.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on