Chip Kelly’s Philadelphia Eagles posted a record of 14-4 with Nick Foles as quarterback during the 2013 and ’14 seasons.
But Kelly pulled the trigger last year on a trade that sent Foles to the Rams in exchange for Sam Bradford.
With Foles available on the open market after the Rams released him this week, it is no surprise Kelly and the 49ers have decided to stick with Blaine Gabbert and Colin Kaepernick, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bayarea reports.
“I’m a big fan of Nick, but right now our eggs are in Kap and Blaine’s basket, and we’re going to see what those guys can do,” Kelly said Monday morning during his weekly show on KNBR’s “Murph and Mac Show.”
“And (we’re) very confident in those guys and it has really nothing to do with Nick, but it has to do a lot with both Blaine and Kap, in terms of where they are and giving them an ample shot at being the quarterback. I think if you have three guys in the mix, it gets really diluted and now you’re not going to get enough reps for anybody to make a determination of who the quarterback is going to be.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on