Stanford product Joshua Garnett can report to his first 49ers training camp on time Saturday, having ended a contract stalemate Friday night and agreeing to a four-year pact, Cam Inman of Bayareanewsgroup reports.
Garnett’s deal leaves San Diego Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa as the only unsigned, first-round draft pick.
Immediately after the 49ers announced the deal, Garnett tweeted a picture of himself signing his contract while wearing a red, 49ers hat. “Proud to announce I am officially a #49er!” Garnett tweeted. “Thank you #ninerempire for your patience, Let’s roll !”
Garnett is projected to start immediately on the 49ers offensive line, likely at right guard. Free-agent acquisition Zane Beadles worked at left guard throughout the offseason program, which Garnett could not participate in because of Stanford’s academic calendar.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on