NFL Media’s Rand Getlin reported Thursday that 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick’s agents have requested permission from the team to seek a trade.
The report comes just one day after Niners general manager Trent Baalke said Wednesday he “absolutely” expects the quarterback to remain on the roster in 2016. Kaepernick’s $11.9 million salary becomes guaranteed on April 1.
Baalke indicated the team’s plan is for Kaepernick to remain on the roster until then. In Week 9, the Niners benched Kaepernick for Blaine Gabbert — he was eventually placed on injured reserve in November.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on