49ers wide receiver Bruce Ellington remains sidelined with a left leg issue according to Cam Inman of the San Jose Mercury News.
“I’m holding him (out),” head coach Jim Tomsula said. “I want to make sure we’re good there.” It sounds like Ellington will miss the entire week of practice if not longer after missing the majority of the offseason program with a right hamstring injury. Coming off a rookie season in which he caught only six passes for 62 yards and two touchdowns and was plagued by hamstring issues, the small wideout out of South Carolina desperately needs to get onto the practice field to have any chance of winning the No.3 wide receiver job. He is also the team’s incumbent return specialist.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on