49ers general manager Trent Baalke addressed the media on Wednesday afternoon, and revealed that the team terminated its contract with defensive lineman Ray McDonald, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bayarea reports.
“We just want to inform everybody that after the recent allegations concerning Ray McDonald, we as an organization have notified him and his agent that he will be terminated, released immediately. Effective immediately,” Baalke announced.
“While this organization has a strong belief in due process and has demonstrated that over time, Ray has demonstrated a pattern of poor decision-making that has led to multiple distractions for this organization and this football team that really can no longer be tolerated.”
McDonald is being investigated for alleged sexual assault, the San Jose Police Department reported in a statement Wednesday morning.
No arrests have been made and the investigation is active and ongoing, according to SJPD.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on