Another day, another “Harbaugh is done in San Francisco” story but this time it comes from a pretty authoritative source in the Bay Area.
According to Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area.com, the “overwhelming sentiment” is that coach Jim Harbaugh will not be back with the 49ers in 2015.
Maiocco came to his conclusion after speaking with “numerous people close to both sides.” Per Maiocco, Harbaugh’s relationship with GM Trent Baalke is no longer tenable, and he has “alienated a lot of people inside the organization.” Maiocco also believes that Harbaugh wants to remain in the NFL if/when he moves on from the 49ers.
Harbaugh has one year remaining on his contract, but with either be fired or traded. Trade rumors make for great conversation, but the likelihood that a team will actually surrender top draft picks for a coach in this era of the salary cap and cost-controlled rookie contracts is not a winning bet.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on