Officials ruled that 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick had lost a fumble before crossing the goal line, a call that wasn’t overturned after a replay review and sealed the 49ers’ 13-10 loss to the Rams.
An hour passed after the defeat by the time Kaepernick finally met with the media, and he didn’t waste any more time sharing his thoughts on the fateful play, Cam Inman of Bayareanewsgroup reports.
“I know I crossed the line,” Kaepernick said. “I did bobble the snap, but regardless. … I was looking in the end zone.”
Kaepernick appeared to initially lose the football when center Marcus Martin was pushed back into him. Kaepernick recovered, went low and apparently the ball slipped from his gloved, left hand as he reached for the goal line.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on