Bears defensive end Lamarr Houston confirmed that 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick used the N-word to address him during Chicago’s Week 2 win over San Francisco.
“He was just saying inappropriate language,” Houston told Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune. He said Kaepernick cursed at him, including using the N-word.
Asked if he was insulted, Houston said it’s more a “cultural thing.” Houston reiterated that he incensed Kaepernick on the play by saying “nice pass” at the end of a Kyle Fuller interception.
Kaepernick was fined $11,025 by the NFL but denies saying anything “racially derogatory.”
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on