The Niners are moving on to round two of the NFL postseason, as Phil Dawson kicked a 33-yard field goal as time expired to give the 49ers a thrilling 23-20 win over the Packers.
The win came on the legs of quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who, raced for a key third down to extend a drive that also saw a huge 17-yard catch by Michael Crabtree on 3rd-and-10 from San Francisco’s 31-yard line.
Crabtree had 8 grabs in the win for 125 yards.
A huge focus on the game was the brutal temps in Green Bay. At Lambeau Field the temp at kickoff was 5 degrees, with a wind chill of minus-10.
”I’ve played in cold-weather games before,” Kaepernick said. ”I feel like it’s more mental than anything.”
Kaepernick threw for 227 yards, including a 28-yard TD pass to Vernon Davis, and ran for another 98.
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers finished 17 of 26 for 177 yards and touchdown for the Packers, whose season ends for the second straight season at the hands of the Niners.
The win puts the Niners in a Divisional contest against the Carolina Panthers, the NFC South Champs with Cam Newton leading the way at QB.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on