In the 49ers’ Week 8 romp of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Gore and Kaepernick became the first runningback and quarterback to score two rushing touchdowns in the same game since 2003 (LaDainian Tomlinson and Doug Flutie). They are the first 49ers to accomplish this feat since 1961 when Billy Kilmer and J.D. Smith each scored twice. It marked the first time Kaepernick had scored two rushing touchdowns in a regular season game and the first time Gore has had two touchdowns in consecutive weeks.
Gore also found himself moving up on the NFL’s all time leading rushing list as his 71 yards in Week 8 pushed his career total to 9,457. He now stands alone in 30th place after passing Earl Campbell and Shaun Alexander. Gore has another eight games to gain 543 more yards to reach 10,000 for his career. Only 27 other players have reached that feat.
Photo Credit: Daniel Shirey/USA Today Sports
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on