Although he is eligible, Mario Manningham isn’t quite ready to take the field yet.
Manningham has been out of action since Week 16 of 2012 after suffering torn knee ligaments in a loss to the Seattle Seahawks. The wide receiver has begun to do some practicing, but will not suit up for the 49ers upcoming game against the Tennessee Titans. There is no specific time table for Manningham’s return, but a date that could be in play is Week 10 against the Carolina Panthers. The 49ers have a bye in Week 9.
“I’m not sure, because I don’t how I’m going to feel,” Manningham said. “If I feel good I might play. I’m not putting a time limit on there, just taking it serious day-by-day.”
Manningham started 10 games for the 49ers in 2012 and caught 42 passes for 449 yards. While the numbers were far from prolific, he did add another consistent option at wide receiver, something San Francisco has not been able to find in his absence in 2013.
Photo Credit: AP
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on