The 49ers’ worst fears were confirmed as Chris Culliver will indeed miss the 2013 season with a torn ACL. Culliver was carted off the field during Wednesday’s practice. He was running to cover a punt when the injury occured.
The 49ers have depth at cornerback and have Tramaine Brock and Perrish Cox ready to step in. They may also revisit acquiring Eric Wright who was released by Tampa Bay after the trade to the 49ers fell through. The team will hope Culliver can return at full strength in 2014 as he is one of the few cornerbacks on the roster under contract for next year.
“Yeah, he did have noticeable, eye-popping plays, yesterday especially,” Harbaugh said. “He’s been good. I think he’s got a good grasp of what we’re doing defensively. In shape, doing a nice job.
Asomugha’s chances of making the 49ers’ roster have greatly improved now that Culliver is on the shelf. Asomugha can be easily cut by San Francisco as his one-year deal has no guaranteed money.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on