The 49ers have activated wide receiver Kyle Williams and linebacker Darius Fleming from the active/physically unable to perform list. Both players are expected to start practicing as camp opens. The news on Williams is especially encouraging considering how thin the 49ers are at receiver with Michael Crabtree and Mario Manningham out. Crabtree was officially placed on the active PUP list today.
Williams tore his ACL last season in a November 25th victory against the New Orleans Saints. He was injured on the same play as running back Kendall Hunter. Williams has shown flashes in his three years with the Niners. For his career he has 35 receptions for 461 yards and 4 touchdowns. He will compete with A.J. Jenkins, Ricardo Lockette, and rookie Quinton Patton for playing time opposite Anquan Boldin.
Photo Credit: Brian Bahr/Getty Images
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on