The word is that the Niners are still looking the chance to add Israel Idonije to the roster.
Last week, the San Francisco 49ers released an injured Brandon Carswell, opening up a spot on the team’s 90-man roster. There has been some talk of Austin Collie, and there is always the possibility the 49ers will add a camp leg to handle game-day kicking and/or punting work. While either of those options remains possible, the 49ers may be looking in another direction entirely:
David Kaplan of CSN Chicago tweeted: “Bears are still considering Israel Idonije but after chatting with him today it sure sounds like the 49ers may be his next team.”
If this sounds at all familiar, it is because Israel Idonije was reportedly on the 49ers radar during the early days of free agency.
As a 32-year old veteran, when a deal wasn’t done right away at the start of free agency, it made sense to wait and see how rosters shook out.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on