- Left tackle Joe Staley had a minor arthroscopic procedure done on his knee during the off-season and is not taking part in OTAs. The 49ers expect him to be ready for training camp.
- Running back Frank Gore is also sitting out the spring practices but the nature of his injury is unknown. Head coach Jim Harbaugh did say it was nothing serious.
“Just working through something,” said Harbaugh. “Nothing too serious.”
- Wide receiver Kyle Williams and running back Kendall Hunter were both participating in individual drills and should be ready for the start of training camp. Both players are rehabbing from season ending injuries suffered in 2012. Williams (knee) and Hunter (Achilles) were both hurt on the same play during the second half of a 49ers’ victory against the New Orleans Saints.
- Other players sitting out in order to rehab injuries were outside linebacker Aldon Smith (shoulder), defensive end Justin Smith (arm), wide receiver Mario Manningham (knee), outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks (unknown), and guard Mike Iupati (shoulder).
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on