All-Pro Linebacker Patrick Willis agreed to a contract restructure that creates more than $1.2 million of salary-cap room, a source told Matt Maiocco of CSN Bayarea on Friday.
Willis agreed to have $1.687 million of his scheduled 2013 base salary of $2.4 million converted to a signing bonus that can be prorated over the final four years of Willis’ contract. His new 2013 base salary of $715,000 also becomes fully guaranteed.
Now, the 49ers have $2.15 million in salary cap space, according to a source. That figure is close to the amount the 49ers will need to sign their draft class.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on