So much for options.
Just a few days after General manager Trent Baalke said that all options are being explored for QB Alex Smith, news has hit that the Niners have a deal in place with a “mystery team” to trade the former first overall pick of the 2005 Draft.
A trade for Smith can’t be finalized until the new league year begins on March 12th but Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports says that the 49ers have told others that a deal for Smith is effectively complete.
La Canfora doesn’t name the team, the Jaguars have already stated that they are not the team looking to deal for Smith.
That means it looks as if the Chiefs are the most likely to be the trade partner for Smith, who is currently signed with the 49ers through the 2014 NFL season.
This season he’s set to make a base salary of $7.5 million plus a $1 million roster bonus if he’s still with the team at the turn of the new league year.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on