There’s been a lot of chatter about secondary coach Ed Donatell leaving the Niners to become the Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator, but Donatell says not so fast.
“I definitely aspire to do that, but I also know a good thing,” Donatell said Tuesday during the 49ers’ Media Day session for Super Bowl XLVII. “It’s set up so we can have some nice years here.”
Donatell is under contract with the 49ers for next season, so they could block any potential interest other teams might have in him. Donatell said he’s had no official contact with the Eagles, who’ve hired Chip Kelly as their coach.
“Jim Harbaugh has created such a great working environment that nobody is in any hurry to get out of here,” Donatell said. “There’s no question this stuff will be putting out guys (as head coaches) in the next couple years, guys like Greg Roman, Vic Fangio, Brad Seely, Jim Tomsula, and on and on. We’ve got great assistants.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on