Colin Kaepernick will almost certainly be asked 100 million times about his ability as a running quarterback, but 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh would like everyone to remember that Kaep isn’t just “a read-option quarterback.”
First of all, I wouldn’t categorize Colin as a read-option quarterback, for starters,” Harbaugh said at his introductory press conference Sunday. “Then, to answer your question, all of those things would be possibilities. We’d love for our opponent to consider them all. Colin is extremely talented at the read-option, he’s extremely talented throwing the football as well. There are a lot of options we could go.”
Kaepernick himself believes that there’s “too much focus” on his play at quarterback.
“I think people have put too much focus on me. I don’t think they realize the other weapons we have on this team,” Kaepernick said Sunday. “I don’t think they realize the great offensive line that we have. There are a lot of other parts on this team that do great things to make it easy for me to go out there.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on